Photography Prints

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Border Collie- "Innocent Eyes"

This is the step-by-step process I used to create "Innocent Eyes", an 8X10 commission for a Border Collie.


Step 1:  I sketched in all the basic shapes for the painting.










Step 2:  Began working the eyes with Prismacolor pencils.  I like to get the eyes finished first, then the rest of the drawing seems to fall into place.







Step 3:  Next, I started working down the muzzle toward the nose.








Step 4:  Started adding some detail to the forehead and the top of the collie's head.







Step 5:  More detail and colors added.  The border collie is really taking shape now.







Step 6:  Continuing to fill in details of lights and darks.








Step 7:  This is the final portrait of the border collie.  I continued to work in layers until I was satisfied with the fur and saturation.  He is a beautiful dog and the owner was very pleased with the final portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment